Friday, July 10, 2009

Things are sort of looking up for us.

So this week a few things happened that will affect the family tremendously. First of which being, I finally got my family to listen to what I've been saying the last two months: My brother cannot continue living with us, in this much too crowded already home. It is stressing Nate and I both to the breaking point. We've argued more the past 3 months than we ever have throughout our entire marriage. He eats way too much, to the point it is cutting into the food that Nate, Trinity and I need to eat. It took Gramma calling my Granny, and then calling my Momma to tell her that I cannot continue caring for my brother as if he were my son. But they have finally listened. He has been gone since Tuesday, and it has given Nate, Trinity and me a MUCH needed downtime! My Momma, however, made me cry the night it was all laid on the table for her. I was accused of blindsiding her with this information, essentially. When, in fact, if SHE would have LISTENED to ME when I told her my feelings on the situation two months ago, SHE would have HEARD exactly what I supposedly blindsided her with this week. But that is the past now, I think she has come to terms with the fact that Bub was causing too much stress on my family, and I didn't want to play mother to him any longer. He is a big boy, 22 years old in fact, he can find a job and take care of himself, make his own choices, and hopefully he is smart enough that said choices will keep him out of trouble.
Second event this week that affects my family: Nate has been cut from 8 hours per week to 4 hours per week. That was the last straw for the both of us. I took it upon myself to call the Better Business Bureau, WV Labor Board, and the Area Director/Corporate Director of Bob Evan's about Nate and my situations. It turns out the Labor Board can't do anything about it, but I did receive a call back from the Area Director of Bob Evan's. Unfortunately, I received the call while we were not at home today, so I will have to call back tomorrow. I hope that the way the current GM is interpreting the labor/hiring/firing practice is looked into so that what has happened to Nate and myself will not happen to anyone else. No one should EVER have to deal with the stress that Bob Evan's has caused my family.
Third event: I also applied for Unemployment Compensation Benefits. And I have been qualified for $110.00 per week. So that is something that will help out immensely! I'm so excited that I finally stopped tucking my tail between my legs and went after the benefits! I was afraid if I tried to get them, they would take it out on Nate. But since they cut him down to 4 hours per week, what else could they have done to him, FIRE HIM?!? I think we'd be better off, honestly. Four hours per week isn't even enough to pay for the gas it takes to get back and forth from work!

So, even though this may just be meaningless to everyone else who might read our blog, this week has been a major week in our lives! I'm hoping that our troubles with Bob Evan's Unit 491 will be a stepping stone for the new employees of that company. I can only hope that the future and current employees will not be wrongly discharged or be pushed out the door by diminishing work hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment